Monday, December 29, 2008

Thoughts

I've been in a funk the last couple days. I get in a funk sometimes, and its kind of hard to get out of. I've been going through some decorating magazines that I have and ripping out some things I'd like to have or ideas for decorating. I want to put them in a book and organize them so I can actually view them. I think this is why I am in my funk. The more material stuff I look at, the more discontent I am with what I've got. Yesterday's sermon also added to my funk(but in a good, growing and learning sort of way). It was sort of about giving and the economy and having deep relationships with others around us. I always hate hearing about giving b/c I always think, "What do I have to give??!?!" We are not wealthy, we have had a tough financial year with our vehicle, so I really can't give a lot until I'm out of the red with our van repairs. I don't have much time b/c I have three kids, and any sort of volunteering would require me to have childcare. Brent and I were talking about it last night b/c I was feeling so discouraged about it. I know that God accepts whatever we have to give, but I'd sure like to give MORE! I'm really trying to use whatever resources I have, and one thing I feel strongly about is encouragement. I think I can be an encouragement to people, it doesn't necessarily take money or a lot of time. Brent and I decided to start having people over for supper more, as a way we can give while still having our kids around. I know in a few years it'll get easier to give of our time and finances(hopefully!!) I just want to be satisfied with what I've got and feel like I matter eternally. I take this funk that I'm in as a good sign that I'm not too comfortable here on earth, but its still hard to be in. I read a great post on simple mom today that went along with what I was thinking. I need to remain content with what I've got, be more intentional about some things, and know that this earth is not my home.

In another direction completely, here are some pictures of the last couple days:(Brent and Hunter were "sumo wrestling" in the one:

1 comment:

Nette said...

Sarah, I love the pictures with you, Brent and the kids. Even in a funk, you manage to be a caring wife and mother...and so beautiful as well.